Meet Dr. Kevin Hallgren
Dr. Kevin Hallgren was born and raised in Kalamazoo. Growing up in and around his father’s orthodontic practice, he saw firsthand the satisfaction and joy that a perfect smile can bring to someone’s life. The ability to positively impact the lives of others on a daily basis was the driving factor that inspired him to follow in his father’s footsteps, and pursue a career as an orthodontist.
Dr. Kevin attended Western Michigan University, where he excelled through his undergraduate studies in Biomedical Sciences. He then accepted an offer to attend the prestigious University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, in San Francisco, California. During dental school, his passion for orthodontics grew as he conducted craniofacial genetics research and became President of the Orthodontic study club. Dr. Kevin graduated first in his dental class and was awarded the Dean’s Valedictorian Award along with his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. Upon graduation from dental school, he was immediately accepted into an orthodontic residency at the University of Texas. While in his residency, Dr. Kevin was educated with state-of-the art orthodontic training with specialized focus in digital orthodontics, micro-esthetic enhancements and Invisalign treatment modalities. He successfully completed an original research thesis focusing on improving post-orthodontic treatment esthetics and was awarded a Master of Science in Dentistry degree and a Certificate in Orthodontics.
Following his graduation from the University of Texas, Dr. Kevin completed the rigorous requirements to become a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics. Becoming a Diplomate is a unique achievement as less than 35% of all orthodontic specialists are board certified, which places him at the top of his specialty.
Dr. Kevin and his wife Jessica have three children, Ruth, Charles and Griffin. Jessica is also an enthusiastic member of our office team and enjoys assisting patients with scheduling and ensuring a positive experience for all. Together they enjoy camping, sporting events, traveling, and spending time outdoors with their children and their Goldendoodle, Maizey.
Awards and achievements:
- Deans Valedictorian Award
- Alpha Omega Award for Highest Academic Achievement
- Who’s Who in American Universities and Colleges Award
- Induction into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honors Society
- Induction into Phi Kappa Phi National Honors Society
- Induction into Tau Kappa Omega
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain Most Outstanding Student Award
- Inesi Excellence in Physiology Award
- Excellence in Biochemistry Award
- Excellence in General Pathology Award
- Frederick T West Basic Sciences Excellence Award
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon William Goon Endodontic Award
Dr. Hallgren's professional affiliations include:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists Foundation Vanguard Society
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- Michigan Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- Kalamazoo Valley District Dental Society